Monday, May 30, 2016

Another Transfer Here in Cogeo :)

Good morning family!

It is transfer week here and I'm excited to stay dito sa Cogeo with my trainee Elder Andrada! We had another successful, productive week in our wonderful area with our awesome investigators. We really are lucky, our area looks a lot different today than it did when I first arrived in Cogeo. We have many progressing investigators and the Lord continues to bless us! 

This week during the 12 week program with my anak we discussed, "Revelation through Prayer." We were able to learn, role play and practice boldly inviting investigators to pray and helping them recognize answers to their prayers through the Holy Ghost. Elder Andrada continues to progress. It's the coolest feeling being his trainer and helping him learn and apply the fundamentals of missionary work. This calling is humbling and I'm really excited to continue training Elder Andrada this next transfer to the best of my ability. 

P.S. I feel like I'm becoming like my father (Elder Santiago) haha

We found so more potential investigators this week and were able to extend baptism dates to them for the next coming months July and August.
 
Our baptism with sister Isabel fell through, but I know that was God's plan because she's not quite ready. In the next weeks she'll be baptized.

I'm excited to update y'all on the Bareno family! They're doing so well. They have electricity now :). We continue to contact them daily and prepare June Bareno to be baptized June 25! Also, his daughter Joan wants to be baptized with her dad so later tonight when we visit them we're excited to invite her to be baptized as well. On Saturday, brother June was able to attend a baptism of one of the other elders in our district. We believe that he felt the spirit talaga because we caught him wiping some tears from his face during the service :) 

On Sunday we had 5 investigators at church. Every week we are striving to improve. Before church we were able to teach brother Philip and he accepted a bapt date for July 9! He's been to church 3 times now and is progressing! It's been so nice, the 3 RM's here have been working with us and fellowshipping him! Brother Oliver continues to progress although he wasn't able to come to church on Sunday because he had duty (police). We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he is really starting to gain a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Unfortunately his bapt date will be extended to July 2.  

That's all for this week family. I'm doing so well here. I haven't been this positive and excited about investigators since being on my mission. We really are being blessed and it's so amazing to be a part of. I love you all! 


Love your PQCM missionary,
Elder Johnson



Rainy season here in Cogeo!

No comments:

Post a Comment