Monday, May 9, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!!

It was great skyping yall. I miss and love y'all so much!!

Now that you're all caught up on my life here in Cogeo, I'll keep this week's letter short.
Training is going well. My companion is doing so great. We are both learning together. Like I've said, it's hard. Each day is a new challenge but I'm loving it. I'm not perfect, and he's not perfect as well, but our unity is improving and it's been a lot of fun to see my trainee's improvement. 

Our investigators are doing so well; especially Brother June Barreno. Every day he improves with his addiction to cigarettes. We are praying that he can become completely clean in the next week or so! So lets keep praying!

Brother Oliver accepted our baptism invitation before I could even finish the invitation haha. He's been prepared by Heavenly Father for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we're excited to continue to teach him and baptize him in June! 

Elder Andrada and I are super excited about the next few weeks and the miracles that will occur! I said this earlier, but the Lord is blessing us tremendously. It is incredible to be a part of. I'm so grateful to be here in the Philippines serving and helping these people feel the joy of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! 

I had my last meeting with President Revillo this past week. I'll never forget what he told me. "Elder Johnson, exact obedience doesn't bring baptisms...it brings miracles." I couldn't be more thankful for my mission President and the advice, council, and love he's given me since being here. I will cherish the meetings I've had with him for the rest of my life. 

One quote stuck out to me at the Trainer Training meeting we had this week I would like to share. This will be with me for the rest of my mission: 

"LOVE YOUR MISSION, and LOVE THE PEOPLE" 

Till next week fam, I love you all!!

P.S. Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom who I dearly love and miss very much :)

Love,
Elder Johnson 

















No comments:

Post a Comment