Monday, June 6, 2016

Week 13 Cogeo

Family!
I could tell you all the negative things that happened this week, the bad days, the rough lessons etc... but the blessings and experience that we had on Sunday trumps it all! Missionary work is hard- it's summer time, so it's flippin hot here and being a trainer isn't easy, but the amazing experiences that I am having is the reason why I'm serving.  I don't even remember the negative days/experiences when my investigators are progressing and becoming converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Elder Andrada and I learned a lot together this week in the 12 week program. I was able to help him understand the importance of the Book of Mormon and how we need to study it, and use it in every lesson! The Book of Mormon is the most powerful resource in conversion! I can truly testify of what Joseph Smith says in the introduction, "that a man would come closer to God by abiding to the precepts found in the BoM than any other book." (I'm used to saying that in Tagalog haha). I testify that the BoM is true and is the word of God. It is a powerful testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I love the Book of Mormon!
I'll just go straight into the good news haha...
Our investigators are progressing! we had 11 investigators at church on Sunday. Yes im serious, 11!
 
We're teaching the DeGuzman family; golden talaga sila! They have a desire to be baptized and the 4 of them had a wonderful experience at church yesterday. Their baptism will be in August. 

The Bareno family is wonderful like always. June hasn't smoked a cigarette in 3 weeks and is on this way to baptism on June 25 with his daughter Joan. Joan has a lot of member friends and it's so good for her.  She worked with us one time this week haha. We're excited because later tonight we are having a FHE at their house because its June's birthday :)

When we visited brother Oliver this week, he felt bad because he hadn't read or come to church. He told us that he needed to repent haha. He came to church 45 min early on Sunday haha. His baptism is July 2.

Before church we taught brother Philip. Man, what a great lesson this was! We asked him if he had received an answer to his prayers about Joseph Smith and the BoM. He told us that he's felt the Spirit and knows this church is true! We are so excited for him.  He's so awesome.  He has a testimony of this Gospel! His baptism will be July 9.
I truly believe that obedience brings miracles, because we are experiencing it right now in Cogeo!
I love you all, and miss y'all, but this mission is the best and I couldn't be happier that I decided to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Until next week, ingat po kayo lahat!
I'm going to use a phrase that Elder Henry Livingston used while he served. Here's a quick shout out to you, elder!
Always Happy, Never Content!!
Love, 
Elder Johnson

2 hours of laundry...hand washed...that's my P day! haha


Basketball this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment