Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 16 Cogeo

Magandang araw!
The work is continually progressing here in Cogeo! This week my anak left me for a day for his interview to leave for his mission in California. He's excited for sure. He'll leave either this week or next :( So I'm not sure what's going to happen. I could be staying another transfer here in Cogeo, we'll see!
Anyway, we're steadily pressing forward here, and we couldn't be happier! We're finishing up the 12 week program and my companion is on his way to do big things in his mission in Cali (he's lucky that hes got a great trainer ;) joke lang haha). I was able to work with one of the zone leaders this week.  It was a good experience. Since being in this mission I've noticed that it doesn't matter what calling you have, you're not magaling. The spirit is the real teacher. I'm just grateful to be his instrument.
I think one of my favorite things that happened this week was the opportunity to work with the RM's in our ward. Having them work with us makes us better missionaries because we get to learn from them! I'll share about brother Al Tabios: he's a recently returned missionary and he's so magaling its crazy.  I can't even explain the way he teaches..he's the "master" teacher! And he continues to help us and our work. He opened up and shared his experiences and the type of person he's become, grabe talaga converted siya! He's the type of person I want to be when I return. We're excited to continue to take his advice and become a PMG missionary.    (PQCM= mission of conversion!)
So our investigators are doing well! Good things have happened this week! We baptized Sister Joan on Saturday!! It was such a spiritual experience! I could really feel the spirit testify to me that Heavenly Father was proud and happy that we helped another soul get on the path back to Him. I can't describe the feelings...just unforgettable. The best part was that Brother June Bareno (her dad) was front row watching.. and yes he cried. We know he felt the feeling that we all had :) We're excited to follow up with him and his feelings later when we visit them tonight. Also, June talked to President Galang and he was able to help him with his Law of Chastity problem...let's just say good things are ahead!! Just keep praying for him! He's next to be baptized sana in July, we'll see.
Brother Oliver couldn't be any better haha. We have the best person to fellowship him and his family. He was also able to witness the baptism on Saturday and is preparing for this next Saturday! Pray that all will go well this week!
I would also like to share with y'all one of the chapters in the Book of Mormon that I read this week and how it has helped me as a servant of the Lord in this mission. 

2 Nephi 4: 34: "O lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. "

and also verse 35. I love these verses and the excellent example Nephi has set for us all. I truly have testimony that we need not to worry what will happen because the Lord has his own timing and works in His way. We as missionaries just need to put our faith in Him and trust Him and He will bless us!!
 One thing I hope my anak has learned from me that I have shown to him and done throughout my mission... Exact Obedience brings miracles!
Love,
Elder Johnson





 Joan's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment