Monday, June 20, 2016

Week 15 Cogeo

Dear Family,

Although it was a short week, let me tell y'all...a lot happened, and not all of it is good news.

Tuesday was our last Zone Conference with President and Sister Revillo. I'm really going to miss them. They've made my first half of my mission the best. I'm especially grateful for President Revillo. The things that he has told me have changed my life and my whole mission experience. I will be forever grateful for his love and care he showed to me and his wisdom and inspiration that he's shared with me. During the conference they talked about Repentance. What a great topic. I learned that we as missionaries must really come to know what it means to repent- repent daily, and apply the Atonement in our life. Then, we have to teach Repentance! "I am called to cry repentance unto the people that they might be saved." 

We also had our last trainer and trainee meeting! Only a few more weeks being a trainer and training Elder Andrada. It's been a blast, and I've absolutely loved it. President shared a video about being a "Finisher"... and committed us to finish our mission and love it.

So it seemed like we've been on a high; many progressing investigators, investigators at church, baptisms coming up etc...We've been feelin good, Elder Andrada and I, until Saturday came...things turned.

As we gave Brother June and sister Joan their practice baptism interview, we found out that June has a big problem with Law Of Chastity. Like a really serious problem.  Also he says that he still hasn't received a confirmation from the spirit that the church is true. I don't feel the need to tell you all the details, but just know that he will not be baptized on June 25. He needs time. Hopefully this week we can really help him understand and feel the spirit. Sister Joan is great, she can be baptized on the 25th, but it's up to her if she wants to wait for her dad. 

It's really unfortunate the things that have happened. We've been a little depressed not knowing what to do, but I know that this is Heavenly Father's plan for the Bareno family. Elder Andrada and I regrouped this morning as we studied together what we need to do to help him. We're really relying on the guidance of the spirit as we teach him about the Atonement later tonight.

Also, brother Philip has a problem as well, although he came to church again and is progressing.  His family is against what he is doing because they are Muslim, so it's tough. But he's awesome and I know he'll continue to press forward. We just need your prayers.

Oliver is our bright spot pa rin!! haha. He continues to progress with no problems, and this week we will finish the lessons and prepare him for July 2

Sometimes I don't understand God's plan for us here, but since being in the mission I have realized that I have to put my trust in Him and most importantly have Faith in Him!! Faith is carrying me right now. I know everything will work out as long as I continue to be obedient and strive to help my investigators! 

Thank you for the prayers. We really need them this week. I love you all. 


Love,
Elder Johnson









No comments:

Post a Comment