Monday, July 4, 2016

Week 17 Cogeo

Happy 4th of July, family!
Well, a lot of changed the past year.  I remember last year at this time I was at BYU and now I'm in the Philippines serving a full time mission...and I've been here for over 10 months! So fast talaga, I'm loving it.
Anyway, this week my anak Elder Andrada left me, pero this time he didn't return haha. He left on Tuesday and is now in his mission in California. I wish the best for him. He's going to do big things in the states and I feel fully confident he's ready to be a leader and example to his future companions. It's been a blast training him, and I'm blessed to have had the opportunity the past 10 weeks to be his trainer.
My situation right now is weird/rare. I'm now in a threesome with Elder Tequillo and Alosio (my kabahay - Cogeo B). It's really hard. We've had to work 2 areas until transfer day next week.  Being in a 3some isn't fun. The teaching, planning, everything is just off. Each day we switch areas and our plans are always changing. And, these elders are different from me, they just don't have the same attitude, work ethic, and desire as I do...so it's rough right now to be honest. But I'm pressing forward. One more week until I get a new companion.
We had a speed bump this week with Brother Oliver. He was supposed to be baptized on Saturday, but we had a slight problem. President Koster has to interview him before he can be baptized. But, I'm 100% faithful that everything will work out and he will be baptized this Saturday! Pray that his interview today will go well and we can baptize him July 9.  As his missionary, I can see his true desire and sincere repentance. He's incredibly humble...he's awesome.
The Bareno family is doing okay...it's just June and Joan at the house right now and yesterday they didn't come to church. We're still doing our best to help June. We've involved leaders to help him and it's going to be a process. All I ask is that you continue to pray for him.
The DeGuzman family came to church as a family again :) They're progressing talaga. The only problem is that they aren't married. But we talked during ward council about how we can help them get married before their baptism on August 13.
That's pretty much all for this week family.  Thank you for your prayers and love.  I can feel it kahit I'm across the world.
I know this work is true, and I'm so grateful for the many things Heavenly Father teaches me each day as I serve Him.
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment