Monday, November 30, 2015

What a week! (Sablayan Week 6)

Hello family!!


This week was so eventful! I am so happy to be a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. So many things happened this week...where do i start?! 

So on Monday I had the opportunity to work with Elder Padua (TA) and I learned so much from him. He taught me a way to teach an overview lesson. 

Tuesday was the best day of my mission so far. Elder Santiago and I baptized Robert Legario and Donna Bell Amarila!! I was a little nervous because I was worrying about saying everything right. It went very well though. I felt so grateful for the opportunity to baptize sister Donna Bell.  Just the feeling of helping someone get on the path back to our Heavenly Father is amazing. I feel so blessed to be able to help these 2 receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no greater joy than baptizing! Donna Bell and Robert were so happy. I couldn't help but smile the whole time. This is an experience I'll never forget. I want this for everybody!! I realize how important my calling is- I am striving to bring as many people unto Christ as possible! True happiness is found in the gospel. It is SO true!
Unfortunately a lot of my investigators aren't progressing. It's frustrating when you want all of your investigators to come to church and keep commitments but they aren't. We had zero investigators at church this week.
Thursday I found out that my companion Elder Santiago is getting transferred and becoming a TA (teaching assistant). It's so fitting for him. He's such an amazing teacher/truly converted/PMG (Preach My Gospel) missionary. I'll be forever grateful for his influence and his training he gave me. The things he taught me I will never forget. I know our companionship was inspired and I needed him for the first 6 weeks as a new missionary. My new companion is Elder Pedrosa! I don't know who he is but he arrives on Friday. I'm working with Elder Sambile and Lopez the next few days. I'm excited for this upcoming transfer and to learn things from my new trainer. 

On Thursday we headed to San Jose for our zone Christmas conference and District Conference!! For Thanksgiving dinner we had Jollibee haha. Friday was so fun! President  and Sister Revillo came and we had our Mindoro zone Christmas conference! We had delicious food, had workshops, performed our skit and song, played games, and ended the day by watching Frozen! It was an awesome time with my zone. Our motto is #ASaviorIsBorn. I'm excited to share this message with the people here in Sablayan.

Saturday I had my interview with President Revillo. He's so great. I'm so grateful for his advice to me. He told me to pray for charity for my investigators and that that miracles will happen and that the Lord called me here for a specific reason.
District conference was nice, seeing all of my ward members attend (3 hours ride to San Jose from Sablayan) was amazing! They are so faithful! The goal for next year is to become a stake. We need 25 Melchizedek priesthood holders in each branch. 

I'm so happy family! I love being a missionary. It's still hard and my Tagalog is still bad but I'm grateful to be here. I hope you all are doing great. Talk to y'all next week. Love you!! 

Love,
Elder Johnson








No comments:

Post a Comment