Sunday, December 6, 2015

Changes here in Sablayan

Magandang umaga!!

This week was full of changes here in my wonderful area Sablayan.  I was able to work with Elder Sambile and Elder Lopez until Thursday.  Elder Lopez got transferred back to the mainland and so it was just me and Elder Sambile patiently waiting for Friday to pick up our new companions. My new companion is Elder Predrosa!! He's a super nice little quiet Filipino haha. I like him a lot.  He loves basketball so I'll finally be able to play! 

We got straight to work on Friday.  I quickly found out that Elder Predrosa does his work differently than my other trainer Elder Santiago. The way he plans and teaches is different. There's nothing wrong with it but it's just different than what I was taught. I feel like this transfer I might be having to train myself.  He's just super quiet but he's a great teacher. I know I'm meant to learn things from him and I know we will be a great companionship. It's just interesting to see the different personalities and ways of training of 2 different missionaries. He works hard and loves to "OYM" (Open Your Mouth) and I know we will accomplish great things this transfer. 

I'm a little frustrated because my investigators aren't progressing. We had a lot of setbacks this week. Only one came to church but she can't even get baptized because she isn't married. It's frustrating when my investigators aren't keeping commitments or coming to church and are making excuses. It's hard. This week Elder Predrosa and I made it a goal to do a lot of finding- finding the people that are ready right now to receive the restored gospel!! We can't be messing around with investigators who aren't keeping commitments!
 
The highlight of my week was having the opportunity to confirm brother Robert and sister Donna Bell (the 2 I baptized) as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! My branch president asked them who they wanted to confirm them and they responded, "Elder Johnson." 

Wow I wasn't expecting it.  I was nervous, but so willing. I knew Heavenly Father would help me and guide the blessing.  That's exactly what happened.  I couldn't believe it.  The spirit was so strong and I knew the blessing was from Heavenly Father specifically for them. I feel so blessed and grateful. I know this church is true.
 
My Tagalog is okay...it's still so frustrating because I want to be fluent already. I strive every day to become more of an effective teacher of truth and be more like the Savior. Anyway family, I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to y'all next week!

Love,
Elder Johnson


This is the view from a few weeks ago

Santos family. They're great.


Family Home Evening

JJ Dankingking. She's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment