Sunday, November 22, 2015

Sablayan Week 5

Magandang umaga pamilyia ko! 


Wow, what a great week here in the mission field. Tuesday was one of the best days I've had in a while. In the morning, I had the opportunity to go to the Manila temple with my Mindoro zone! It was the most spiritual experience I've had in the temple- especially the celestial room. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father. He is always there, waiting for me to call upon Him for help and strength. I've learned to rely on God with everything I do. 

Meeting and hearing from the apostles was amazing! Being in the same room with all Quezon city missionaries and 2 apostles was an experience I will never forget. Their talks were great. The spirit was so strong. I really do believe they are special witnesses of the Savior Jesus Christ. I learned from Elder Renlund to have an A+ attitude and give A+ effort in missionary work.  I am the only one who controls my attitude! Elder Andersen talked about having an eye single to the glory of God. This means conforming His will to mine- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. I can't juggle 2 balls (as in, thinking about things non-related to the work). I've tried to apply the things I've learned to my every day work.
I also got to see my batch! It was so fun catching up with the other elders from the MTC. I ate Mcdonalds in the mainland. haha It was delicious! And the mega mall there is so huge! it reminds me of Lenox in ATL. The Filipinos love Christmas. There are so many lights and I heard some Christmas songs.

The boat ride home was gorgeous. I'll try and send some pics. We drove through islands and it was beautiful. On Friday, I had exchanges with Elder Sambile. He's our district leader, and he's a great missionary. He's a small little Filipino who's quiet, but his testimony and confidence is bold and inspiring. I continue to learn from Elder Santiago- he's tough, but I'm learning and growing.
Great news family!! Brother Robert and Sister Donnabelle are getting baptized tomorrow morning!! It's official. I'm so excited for them. I'm nervous to baptize for the first time, but I'm so grateful. I never thought this day would come- my first baptism. I don't want them just to be baptized though. Eventually my goal for these 2 is the temple! I want all my investigators to be truly converted to the gospel. 
Anyway, it was a great week. Miss you all! Have a great Thanksgiving! Love you all family. Talk to y'all next week.

Love,
Elder Johnson




Outside the Manila Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment