Saturday, September 26, 2015

MTC Week 4

Another week down here at the Missionary Training Center!

Last Sunday was the best one yet. Lloyd Newell from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir (the guy who introduces general conference on tv) came and we did 'MTC and the Spoken Word' with all the missionaries in choir. I look forward to choir because our director is hilarious. He makes practice more fun by telling us stories and cracking jokes. We sang 2 wonderful hymns that night - How Firm a Foundation and Redeemer of Israel! They were both so powerful. The spirit is always so strong when we sing. After the devotional we got the chance to see a film/talk. My kasama Elder Sanft and I saw that Meet the Mormons was playing! We both turned and looked at each other and said "We're seeing that." It was the first time we both had watched it. It was great! They did a perfect job. I was very impressed. Non-members must see it!



The work is still pressing forward steadfast! The language is coming along and I'm becoming more comfortable when speaking/teaching a lesson. This week I took some strides. My kasama even noticed. I memorized like 100 verbs yesterday..one of the guys in our district said, "we're doing it for the people in the Philippines." It made me want to work even harder so I can be able to communicate as best I can as soon as I can. There is still a lot to learn, but I can do it (I will do it). This week I totally noticed the spirit in our lessons. Each lesson we become more comfortable and just say what the spirit prompts us to say. A few times this week I totally don't remember what I said or how I said it but I knew it wasn't me speaking - it was the spirit. There's a verse in D&C I read this week, It states, the words which thou shalt say shall come to thy remembrance (something like that). It's so true though. If I work hard, and practice, the Lord will bless me.
Wednesday was such a great day!! Thank you for all the packages! Mom- you sent like 4 haha. And I believe I got like 8 total. My district couldn't believe how much food you sent! I think I'm good for the next 2 years on snacks haha. Anyway, my district made my birthday very special. I'm lucky. They got me a shirt, more candy to make me fat, and sang to me at dinner in front of the whole cafeteria filled with hundreds of missionaries staring at us haha. It was so nice and thoughtful of them. What better way to spend your birthday than as a missionary! What made my day was seeing my best friend Elder Ogden!! I was running around the MTC searching for his class, opened the door and I'm pretty sure I surprised the heck out of him and gave him a welcome to the MTC hand shake. Later that night I found his dorm and surprised him again. It was great catching up with him. He looks so happy. We are both so grateful to be servants and representatives of Jesus Christ. On Thursday I saw another one of my best friends, Elder Ohman! I got to eat with him and catch up with him as well. It's so cool seeing 2 of my best buds here doing what we know brings us happiness and joy.

I'm looking forward to this next week. Only 2 and half more weeks at the here until the Philippines. I can't wait. Thank y'all for everything! Love and miss y'all so much! 


Love,
Elder Johnson







No comments:

Post a Comment