Saturday, September 5, 2015

MTC Week 1!

Kumusta po kayo, pamilya! 

So it is only day 4.. but it feels like I have been here for 4 weeks! Wow, the MTC is crazy. I am loving it. I have been non-stop working ever since being dropped off. I was thrown right into it! So the first day they put us into our classroom where we were being spoken to by our teacher in Tagalog. By the way, I still don't think he has said a lick of English! When I walked into the classroom I met my awesome companion Elder Sanft! He is a big Tongan dude who has the greatest testimony I have ever heard. He and I work very well together and get along great! I have definitely been blessed to be with such an amazing companion and district! Everyone in my district is very close. We like each other which is a blessing. We eat together, study together and learn from each other. Everyone was right when they said the days were long, that is for sure! But the work is great and there's no place I'd rather be. 

The Tagalog language is HARD!! Nobody said it was going to be easy and I know that. I am kind of struggling with it, but I think everyone else is too. My companion is basically fluent in it! It's not fair haha. But he helps me. If you could keep me in your prayers that would be awesome because I need them. I can feel y'alls love and thank you all for sending letters to the MTC! It's so nice to come home after a long day and read your advice and know that I am being loved and prayed for. Keep them coming! 

So my P day is on Saturdays which is nice. It's funny though how P day goes by faster than normal days haha. I got to work out for the first time yesterday and play basketball today so that was good! Also I forgot to tell you.. we are already teaching lessons.. in Tagalog!! It is so hard but my companion keeps me afloat haha. We are teaching this investigator named Ronaldo but he's a member so it is kind of weird. Today in our lesson Elder Sanft and I are going to try and get to know how he is feeling and try and find out what Ronaldo needs.  We have learned to teach by the Spirit, not to go in there and just read our lesson plan. I am starting to be able to pray and bear some of my testimony in Tagalog but it is just super hard. The word faith in Tagalog is Pananampalatya- such long words and difficult pronunciation, but I'll get there. A lot of elders have told us newbies to not worry about the language - it will come. I did my laundry today even though I didn't have too much to clean. The food is good! I like it. Everything is going well. I wish I could tell y'all more but I have to go. If I think of anything else I'll send it next week.  Thanks again for everything family! I love you all! Miss you so much but I don't have time to be sad haha because I am busy doing the Lord's work. 

P.S. Thank you Dad for your package :)


Love, 
Elder Johnson


Brandon and his companion, Elder Sanft



No comments:

Post a Comment