Saturday, May 6, 2017

Called as Assistant to the President

May 2, 2017

Hey Family, it's been a busy couple days for us here.. On Thursday President interviewed me and has called me to be his new Assistant. We have no time- we're running around getting things done, and it's transfer week so we're crazy busy. I can't even believe this is happening. Kind of stressed and all.. but Elder Fano and I are going to get through it. We have to plan for 3 workshops this week. P-day is on Saturdays now for us so I'll talk to y'all then. Take care, I love y'all! 

Elder Johnson

May 6, 2017

Dear Family,

It's been a crazy adjustment these past few days since being called in the office as an AP.  It's been challenging to say the least. I haven't felt this way since being a new missionary in Sablayan. It's a feeling of under qualified, stressed, pressure, tired... etc haha.  But my new companion Elder Fano and I have survived and we're doing great! It's going to be so fun working with him alongside President. 

We're just now starting to get out into our area, which is what me and Elder Fano want to do all the time (but most of the time we have to take care of our administrative responsibilities first). High hopes for the area for sure. President expects us to baptize at least monthly, but we need to be the model area for the mission and baptize weekly. 

The mission is actually on fire! We baptized 108 souls in the month of April (oh ya and guess what.. in Quezon City we hit 20 as a zone.. that's the highest in years in that zone). For May we are projecting 182 as a mission! That would make a lot of history.. My companion and I are really excited to be here together at this time to try and make a difference. Change is coming and we are now doing our best to get the ZL's fired up and get all the missionaries on board with the Lord's vision. This is the greatest mission in the world.

I have loved losing myself in the work, and I know that the church is true by the power of the Holy Ghost. I feel the Savior's love. He is aware of each and every one of us, and will never leave us. He gives me strength when I need it.. He's there; may we all just turn to Him and He will make of us more than we could ever imagine. 

Love,
Elder Johnson










We baptized Gemma!




First week in the office be like...







No comments:

Post a Comment