Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 2 Quezon City

Kumusta na kayo?
I dont even know how many times the Spirit has guided us to Heavenly Father's children this week. More than ever before on my mission, I've felt the most spiritual promptings to stop, turn back, and talk to the person we just passed by. We've talked to less actives who haven't been to church in years, former investigators, and people that are prepared to receive the restored gospel. All because we listened to the still small voice of the spirit. It's been incredible. I can't really put into words what has happened to us this week. We have been used as the Lord's instruments, and the Holy Ghost has been working through us. There isn't a better feeling. It all hit me this week. I can't describe the joy this work has brought to my life.
I had the opportunity to study a talk in the Liahona (church magazine) about the Spirit and one of our greatest examples in the BoM; Nephi! I studied and pondered the things that he did to be led by the Spirit. I've been applying these 4 things in my life and I invite y'all to do so as well.
1. Desire 
2. Exercise Faith in Jesus Christ 
3. Prayerfullness
4. Obedience.

These things will help us be sensitive to the Spirit and prepare us to return back to our Heavenly Father one day.
Our work has been solid. We've visited basically all of the members in our ward this week and have been doing our best to help them exercise their faith in the Savior. its coming along.
Brother Mark (our miracle) is going to be baptized on March 4. We are also working on his friends. My companion and I are doing great, we turned to each other and said "man missionary work is hard." (because nothing has gone our way) and then we realized that it's not about us, it never was. It's about God's children. It's about His will, not ours. We've been struggling with that a little bit, but we are helping each other.
I've never felt more power as a missionary. I've been striving really hard for this, and it comes to the righteous. I truly understand that I can do nothing without the Spirit, but according to how clean I am, I have spiritual power. It's been evident this week.
I love y'all, pray for me and my companion Elder Enari and for our investigators. Pray that we can get and teach some referral families from some members :)
Love,
Elder Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment