Monday, July 25, 2016

I'm still alive and doing well :)

Family!
Wow, it's been one heck of the last 2 weeks let me tell ya. Right now I'm doing better for sure. On Wednesday I got pretty sick and couldn't work hanggang Sunday. I had to go to the hospital on Saturday because I couldn't take the stomach pain anymore. Long story short, I ended up having a bacterial infection that came from food. The crazy thing is, I wasn't the only one! 4 other elders in my district also got the same thing! We came to the conclusion of what happened.  We figured out we all got it from McDonalds because we ate as a district there last Tuesday. Who would have thought...McDonalds would cause me to get sick haha. So that's what happened. But I'm feeling a lot better and I'm just ready to get back to work! It feels like I've missed so much and I hate it! But I'm back- nothing can stop me ;)
So let me catch y'all up on everything that has happened here the past 2 weeks! 2 Wednesdays ago I picked up my new anak (companion)! Elder Garcia! He is now my second child haha. I emailed Elder Andrada and told him that he has a younger brother lol. It was crazy to be back in the mission home again and picking up another new missionary! Elder Garcia is really nice. He's super quiet and humble and is kind of a dork haha. I like it. He's cool. Just like 3 months ago, we headed straight home and we got right to work. I could tell right away that this training was going to be a lot different.
Now that I have trained a missionary (Elder Andrada), I felt confident and not too worried about this one. But Heavenly Father has challenged me big time. I have come to realize how lucky I was to train my last anak. He was super magaling and caught on to things really quick. He didn't have a problem adjusting to missionary life, not homesick, nothing, pretty smooth sailing...but it's very different with Elder Garcia.  He was homesick the first couple days and cried the first night. I had to comfort him and help him through it. It was tough. Also, he's kind of a slow learner/ doesn't really get it type of person. It's really difficult. He's just a completely different person which is okay, but I'm still trying to adjust. It really feels like I'm training...in like every aspect of the work, it's like he has no idea at all. So to be honest it's been a rough couple weeks, but I'm pushing through, relying on the Lord. Teaching the lessons is an even harder, grabe talaga, it's like I'm by myself. But I love this opportunity to help my companion. It's a task that I know I can handle and I'm excited to see Elder Garcia's growth over the next weeks. Pray for him please.. us!
Last Saturday we baptized the 3 pinsan (cousins) of a member that we've been teaching. It went well. They were so excited to be baptized so we were really happy for them. Elben John (9), Adrean Ave (14) and Elvie Christy (11)  :)  The baptisms keep comin!
We're not giving up on June Bareno and we never will, but sadly we're putting him on the back burner as of right now (not focusing on him). His family needs help and we're continuing to help them as a family.  Sister Vilma still hasn't come back and says that she wont until June gets baptized.. so there's some major problems but continue to pray for them!
The DeGuzman family is the same...so awesome!! Progressing, but we need your prayers for Brother DeGuzman to give up drinking coffee and also that they can get married in the next 2 weeks! We're striving for August 13, but we might push back their baptism until the end on August, we'll see.
Brother Oliver's wife came to church with him on Sunday!! Unfortunately I wasn't there but I couldn't be more happy and excited for their family! Our goal is to teach her, hopefully this week!
Being a District Leader is hard! There are a lot of responsibilities and things to manage. I gave my first workshop last Tuesday and the topic was about becoming a successful missionary by being exactly obedient. The spirit really helped me and I was able to give a powerful workshop to my elders. The problem is, the past few days I've felt like they haven't applied anything of what they learned to their life as a missionary. They continue to be disobedient and it's gotten even worse. I had to chastize them multiple times the past few days and I feel like more is coming. As a district leader I want my district to be obedient. If we are obedient, everything else will fall into place and we can become the missionares that our Heavenly Father expects us to be!

I think that is all. I caught y'all up on everything. I hope you're all doing well and sharing the Gospel! I read in Mosiah this morning about King Benjamin and his speech to his people. Those first few chapters are so powerful!! I love it so much. I challenge y'all to read chapters 2-4 and I promise you your faith in Jesus Christ will grow and your desire to share this wonderful gospel will be on fire haha.
ingat palagi
Love,
Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment