Monday, July 11, 2016

I will be celebrating my 1 year in the mission in Cogeo.. isa pang transfer! :)

Magandang araw po family!
One of the best weeks so far in my mission! A lot has happened here and I'm so excited to tell y'all everything!
Well, first of all, last Monday President Koster interviewed Brother Oliver Palomares. It was a quick and successful interview as President stated to us after.. "Wow magaling siya, very humble!" He's been prepared for his this day, to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so grateful to have been a part of his conversion process. On Saturday July 9, Oliver was baptized...and man what a perfect baptism service we had for him! His testimony was so touching. Just wish you could have heard it. His wife (who we haven't taught yet) was able to attend! It was simply awesome! Hopefully this will be the start to her having a desire to learn more about the Gospel. I couldn't be more happy for him and his family, and I know this is just the beginning! Goal: temple!
I want to share with y'all the message I received from Brother Oliver after his interview last monday. "Bro. Johnson, I just wanna say thank u so much for your time and kindness you have shown to my family, and your dedication to help me by teaching the truth about the gospel of god. thank u so much for all u shared to me. take care bro."
I"ll never forget that text. It made me realize how blessed and grateful I am to be serving a mission for my Savior Jesus Christ. So many blessings Heavenly Father has given me the past few months.  It's incredible. This gospel is true, and it blesses lives...and changes them!
We had zone conference on Tuesday and were able to meet and get to know the Koster family.  They're so awesome! I can't wait to work with them the next 13 months. It's crazy the sacrifice that their family is making being here in the Philippines with 3 teenager kids. But I know they're called of God to be our PQCM mission President and wife.
I want to share a cool experience we had this week.  As we were walking in the bundok (Taguisan), we came to the area with many of the less actives. The sun was setting and it started to rain. We decided to stop and talk to this super less active member and ask if there's anything we can do to help her.  Well this time, there actually was! haha. Long story short, her house is at the top of the mountain and I'm talkin like the very tip and is a flippin hike like 90 degrees. Anyway, we carried these huge bags of pig food up to her house...in the pouring rain!! haha. It was awesome, it felt like a movie. I wish we had a video. But we were completely drenched and covered in mud. I loved this because we were able to show our love and care to the less actives...you never know, maybe she'll come back to church someday. :)
The DeGuzman family has the marriage plan and they're progressing talaga. Luckily our members and bishop are really helping us and this family. We're excited for them.
The 3 pinsan (cousins) of the Samon family that we've been teaching will also be baptized on Saturday. They're excited. It's been fun teaching them.
I want to also testify of the Book of Mormon. I love it. This week I had the opportunity to study and find verses that would help my less actives and their concerns. I know that every concern, problem, or question we have can be answered in the BoM! I was able to study in my personal study and find verses that can really help them.
Well family...I have big news...it's transfer week and I'm staying another transfer in Cogeo :)
OH and guess what...I've been called as a Trainer again! Yes I'm training ulit another new missionary.. crazy right.. but there's more, I have also been called as District Leader! Although slightly overwhelmed, I'm so excited! I know these callings are of God and I will continue to put my trust in Him.
I'll end with Jacob 4:10 that I read that this morning. It comforted me and gave me strength to continue to do the Lord's will!

Love,
Elder Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment