Monday, February 29, 2016

QUEZON CITY 4B

Hello my wonderful family,

I received the call from my zone leader last Wednesday. The news I received shocked me. I wasn't surprised that I have been transferred, but I have received my first calling in the mission field.  I have been transferred to Quezon City 4B!! (4th ward). I have been called as the Senior companion and...a follow up trainer!! When Elder de Dios told me this I couldn't believe it. This is only my 4th transfer...geez. I was filled with mixed emotions; I was sad to leave my first area and the members, overwhelmed because of my calling, but also excited for the change. I said goodbye to all the members and my favorite people ever that I'll never forget- the YSA (Young Single Adults). It was tough but I know life is all about change and the now the Lord needs me in Quezon City! 

As I traveled it was like a throw back to my first day in the mission, not knowing what to expect, nervous, and overwhelmed. This week has been the longest week. As of now I still don't know what the heck is going on, just continuing to press forward with faith. As I arrived in QC, my kabahays picked me up from the chapel.  I thought to myself, "Well here we go!" A new journey- same purpose!
 
We got right to work as we arrived to the apartment (weekly planning). My companion is Elder Petilla! He's the man, the most humble guy I've ever met talaga (I'll explain why later). We got to know each other and talked for a few. He's from IloIlo.
 
The even crazier part about this, family, is that our area is whitewashed (which means that its brand new), so the area book is tiny with little information because it's a new area. When I realized this I really became stressed. I've been called to finish my step anak- Elder Petilla's training. I lead in finding, teaching, planning everything! I've never been so stressed in my life talaga. This is the hardest responsibility ever, it's crazy.
 
Although I feel overwhelmed and underqualified for this task ahead of me, I know I've been called here by God and that this is what he expects of me. I read a scripture this week that comforted me during my time of trial- 2 Nephi 22:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." I love this verse. The BoM is true and is the best help for us as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. No matter what we're going through, I know Heavenly Father will prepare a way for us. I've relied on prayer a lot these past few days. I'm so grateful I can turn to my Heavenly Father for help-  he's our literal Father in Heaven and wants to help us because he loves us more than we know.
 
My ward is so great. I bore my testimony in church yesterday. I've only met a few members and they're all so awesome. I'll tell y'all more next week.
 
I realized that I'm extremely blessed and shouldn't be complaining. After I got to know my new companion and his background and family I couldn't believe it. Long story short, he doesn't know his father, he paid for his whole mission, and can't even communicate to his family over email because they have none. He's truly an incredible guy. I'm excited to get to know him more and work with him/train him.
 
iyan lang po , ilol talk to yall next week, love you so much. I've missed you a lot this past week but I'm glad I'm here serving the Lord and helping our brothers and sisters here in the Philippines. 

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment