Monday, February 22, 2016

Last Week in Sablayan

Dear Family,

I love being a missionary! This work is incredible. The spirit is real and I'm so happy to be here serving the Lord in the Philippines. That pretty much sums up my week here. It was a great week in the mission.
 
Tuesday the Zone Leaders came and gave us Sablayan missionaries zone training! I always look forward to learning from my leaders. They stated something that really stuck out to me that will stick with me my whole mission. "When you truly come to understand the doctrine of Jesus Christ, your behavior changes!" I love this quote and I know that it is true. We will become like our Savior Jesus Christ and develop his attributes when we know his gospel!
 
This week Elder Pedrosa and I continued to find more, more, and some more haha. We gave a lot of baptism dates and found a lot of potential.  Although for the second straight week in a row we had zero investigators at church, I'm happy because Elder Pedrosa and I did all we could this week. We taught powerful lessons, the spirit touched the hearts of our investigators, and we know it. I'm so grateful for my step tatay in the mission field (Elder Pedrosa, my follow up trainer). I've come to realize this transfer how great a missionary he is. He truly exemplifies all christlike attributes and has been an amazing example to me. I love him and I've grown a lot these past 12 weeks with him as my companion. 
So family...I'm almost positive these are my last days here in my first area-my love- Sablayan.  I find out tomorrow morning what will happen to me. I'm excited for change! Well, I'll talk to y'all next week! Love and miss you all! 

P.S.. This morning I had my first district activity! We went on a hike in the bunkod (mountain) and it was beautiful. 
Also I tried the guyabano fruit this week. Wow it was delicious. (the Philippines has the best tasting fruits) 

FHE





Hike this morning for our district activity





No comments:

Post a Comment