Monday, February 15, 2016

February 14, 2016

Magandang umaga po sa akin pamilya! 

It was a rough week for me here in Sablayan. Nothing seemed to go our way this week, and the stress of missionary work and life continued. For the first time in the past two transfers, I got frustrated with my companion and how the teaching/lessons were going. Ive learned a lot this week and the thing that I realized is that I have to focus more on the BRT which is getting to know my investigators and finding out their concerns. It's really difficult for me to discern the needs of my investigators and to teach people, not lessons. It's something that I know will come as I continue to improve in Tagalog and to listen for the promptings of the Spirit.
 
Another really frustrating aspect of the work here in the Philippines is to get my investigators to keep commitments. The first visits go so well and Elder Pedrosa and I feel like they have so much potential, and then when we return, they make excuses and aren't interested anymore.  We evaluated our work and what we can do to be more effective missionaries and help these people recognize that we are representatives of Jesus Christ and that they NEED to accept this gospel.  

In my studies lately I've come to realize how important this work is - the work of the Lord - missionary work. Elder Holland states in PMG chapter 1.. "This is eternal life! Eternity hangs in the balance!" My calling as a full time missionary is the most important thing I can be doing right now, and every day I strive to help the people here in Sablayan come unto Christ and accept his gospel. My testimony of the gospel grows every day.  I have a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it's true, and it's our guide back to our Heavenly Father.
 
On Friday I had exchanges with my district leader Elder Sambile. The day went really well. I always look forward to working with him. We teach really well together and the lessons we taught were powerful.
 
I was super disappointed on Sunday when we had 0 investigators at church after 10 of them committed to come. The only highlight of this week really was the the group officially became a Branch! The new Branch President is President Abrea- he's the man!
 
Lately I've been reflecting on my work and thinking to myself, "What lack I yet?" "Why aren't my investigators progressing?" I don't understand right now but I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and what's happening here in my area. I've prayed fervently that I can be His instrument to teach the truth with power and authority so that my investigators will change their lives. I don't know what will happen but I continue to be faithful and diligent and giving my heart to the Lord and His work. 


P.S... this might be my last full week here in Sablayan (transfer week next week) 

I love you all, talk to y'all next week.


Love,
Elder Johnson

Selfie before a day's work

Selfie after a day's work..see the difference? Exhausted! haha


Brother Billy- member that works with us all the time. He's the man.



My area :)


Lizard you know

Dinner at the Dakingkind family's house

Elder Santiago and Pedrosa



No comments:

Post a Comment