Monday, July 31, 2017

I'M BACK IN SABLAYAN!!!!!

Hey!!
I have the best news in the world. I can't even believe it but I'm back my first area Sablayan!!! I will be dying in Mindoro! When president told me last Sunday I didn't believe him haha. It's honestly a dream come true! My new companion is Elder Young. He's from Minnesota, and he's the man. I arrived here on Thursday and we got straight to work! It feels amazing to be back you don't even know! All the memories from almost 2 years ago are flooding back.. seeing the people makes me just cry I'm so happy. It's amazing!
The craziest thing is that we are teaching the same investigators that I found almost 2 years ago.. do y'all remember Mary Ann? and the Sales Family? Mary Ann still isn't married, so what we are figuring out a plan to get them married asap. She's still been coming to church all this time, shes basically a member, we just gotta get her in the water. President Abrea is the man though so this week, we need your prayers that we can get everything sorted out and get Mary Ann and her asawa married.
The Sales family is who Elder Pedrosa and I found ages ago.. they also have not been baptized yet...they go to church weekly, have been taught all this time.. but again, kulang sa binyag.. so Thursday night when I arrived we went straight to their house and gave them a powerful lesson. On Sunday we fasted with them. Their problem is that their Dad who is abroad isn't very open to mormons, so they're afraid that he'll say no if they ask him if it's okay to be baptized into the church. He'll be calling this week and we committed them to fast and pray with faith so that his heart will be softened and he'll allow them to be baptized in August. They're more than ready. We need your fasting and prayers this week fam!! It's a huge week ahead of us.
Another absolutely wild thing is that President Abrea (Branch President) took us up to a new area which is really far from the bayan where a member family lives. Yesterday we did a special sacrament. Pres is planning to create a branch up there, which has been prepared truly by the Lord. This member family is awesome, there are like 10 of them and all their neighbors are their kamaganak.. and 10 of them joined the special sacrament and they are willing to be baptized and help start the branch!! It's an absolute miracle! Pres. Abrea and us will work together, visit them sometime this week and start teaching them as families.. there are like over 20 investigators who are willing to be baptized.. its insane.. We plan to baptize them all in August. I don't even know how many it could be, lets just say marami!! haha we had 15 at church yesterday... the members I missed so much, I love them all so much.
It feels surreal and like a dream that I'm here. But I testify that I've been called to serve these last few weeks of my mission in Sablayan for a reason. I know it. 

P.S. I'm not coming home... ;) sorry
mahal na mahal ko kayong lahat!!
Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment