Monday, April 11, 2016

Week 5 Cogeo

Magandang tanghali po!

I'm so grateful to be serving here in the PQCM as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! I feel so blessed to be a servant of the Lord and share this wonderful gospel with these amazing people here. 

This week unfortunately wasn't the best. We continue to struggle in our day to day work. It seemed like we got punted over 100 times this week. The thing I love about missionary work is that every day is different and there are ups and downs everyday.  Although there are more downs usually, I look for the joyous experiences each day. This week we had a few...which outweigh the bad days/experiences/disappointments by a ton. We have a progressing investigator!! Brother Ervin came to church and was able to listen to the prophet and apostles speak. He told us that he believes that Thomas S. Monson is the true living prophet on the earth today. We are excited for Brother Ervin. He continues to develop, exercising his faith in Jesus Christ. We are now preparing him for baptism on May 14!
We continue to find new investigators, and this week we found some potentials for sure. Another thing that I've come to absolutely love is to find! The chance to meet someone, get to know them, and teach them the restored gospel is awesome.

The experiences that I'm having here in my mission are changing my life. Each day I grow to a knowledge of my Savior and his love for me and us all. It's fun to see that I can communicate pretty well in Tagalog now and talk to the cute little kids that yell at me and say, "Hey JOE!" haha. I love the Filipino people. Their hospitality is inspiring. They are the most kind and Christlike people. To be serving among them is a blessing, and I continue every day to strive and find that one "person or family" that is waiting for me. I know that day will come and I'm so excited for it.
What an inspiring, spirit-filled weekend we had, to watch and listen to the prophet and apostles of the Lord. I could write for days the things I learned and loved from our leaders during General conference, but I'll share with y'all some quotes that touched my heart.
"Be humble, without being compelled to be humble." - Steven E. Snow
"Jesus Christ is the greatest leader, because he was the greatest follower." So to be a great leader I have to be a great follower. True leadership is the commitment to follow Jesus Christ! 
"Choices determine our destiny." - Thomas S. Monson
"Bring the gospel from your head, to your heart."- Bonnie L. Oscarson
"Our faith should influence the way we live!" - Dieter F. Uchtdorf
"Heavenly Father doesn't make it easy, but He does make it possible!"
" The Lord blesses those who want to improve!" - Jeffrey R. Holland

I know that this church is true, and I love this work. That's all for this week family. I love you all!

Love, 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment