Monday, April 18, 2016

Transfer week...I've been called as a TRAINER

Magandang araw pamilya ko!
On Sunday night I received a call from President Revillo. He has called me as a TRAINER! When he told me this, I didn't know what to say haha. My heart was beating too fast. This calling is a big responsibility.  It still feels surreal but tomorrow I will officially be training a new missionary! I'm excited for this opportunity and I'm grateful for the trust that President Revillo has in me. I think I'm the most excited to share with my anak the things that my trainer (Elder Santiago- who is going home- he finished his mission ) taught me! 
My companion, Elder Barrientos is transferring. I'm so grateful for these past 6 weeks I've had to work with him. He's been my favorite companion so far in my mission. Many, many memories of him and I as a companionship here in Cogeo. I will never forget the laughs, the struggles, the disappointments, the fun times, the joyous times etc. The one thing that he has taught me, not through his words, but through actions is love. He has served me in so many different ways this past transfer. Unfortunately, I haven't appreciated it, or shown that same love for him as much as I should have. But that's a lesson that I've learned and I'll always be grateful for. Because of the love that Elder Barrientos has shown to me, I've realized how much I need to change and be better. I'm excited to love and serve my anak (trainee).
Our area is still struggling. I continue to figure out what Heavenly Fathers plan for me is dito sa Cogeo. This past week we found 2 new investigators who I'm really excited for. brother June Barreno, lives with Sister Vilma (she's a member but less active). It's been good- we've taught them 3 times so far. It's like 2 birds with 1 stone- rescuing a less active and baptizing her husband. We extended a baptism date for May 28 and I believe he can be ready by then. We don't know if they have any problems but this next week we'll find out. Potential siya talaga. 

Also brother Ronnie- he's been prepared for sure. He's ready for the gospel; this is his time. 

Brother Nick (our special 2) is really frustrating us. We told him on Saturday after a powerful lesson that we would pick him up for church and then Sunday morning he texts us and bails. We gave him a "do or die" lesson yesterday. So he has 1 more chance.

Brother Ervin is also not really progressing. We heard he has a Law of Chastity problem. He makes a lot of excuses too. I'm not sure about May 14. But this week we'll really find out.
The Ortiz family (recent converts) are awesome. Long story short, their faithfulness and trust in the Lord is absolutely incredible. They experience so many trials (this week they had no electricity or water) but they remain strong in the gospel. It's humbling to know how blessed we are, even as missionaries. Seeing these people here struggle day to day with money to feed their kids is humbling talaga.
Well family, I hope you are all doing well.  Just continue to pray for my area. I miss y'all and love y'all so much! 
I love my calling as a missionary! :)

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment