Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 4 Cogeo

Kumusta po pamilya ko!
As this week was coming to an end, Elder Barrientos and I were feeling as if we had another unsuccessful week with our investigators. Our special 2 are wala na and we thought that we were going to have 0 at church again. This past week we've done what the mission wants us to- focus on 50% reactivation and 50% baptizing. Although we know we aren't going to have a baptism for April, we are keeping the faith for May. On Sunday, a miracle occurred. As we were greeting the members of the ward, 3 of our investigators walked into the chapel! The Villamor family (they are a referral from brother Galang and we had not even taught them yet!!) We taught them yesterday after church and they are super potential. Their only problem is that they are not married. And then the other investigator- Sister Isabelle (the girl we dropped, but she came to church and told us that she wants to continue to be taught!).

But family, that wasn't even the miracle, this was; to our surprise, 4 of our Less Active families attended church! Elder Barrientos and I turned to each other and almost cried talaga. It was the sweetest feeling I've had since being on my mission. We felt the spirit so strong and knew that our companionship fast and prayers were answered. Although we've been pleading with Heavenly Father for progressing investigators, I think God has a different plan for us - to help the less active families become active in the Cogeo ward. I have a firm testimony that God answers prayers. Maybe not in the way the you think, but he hears and answers our prayers according to our faith! 

I want to share with you some of the things I learned about FAITH in my studies this week. Having faith in Jesus Christ means relying completely on Him in everything we do! It is an ASSURANCE of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. We express our faith by our actions- the way we live! The Lord will work miracles if we pray in faith, study the scriptures every day and be diligent in everything we do (especially missionary work).  Keeping the commandments and being exactly obedient brings miracles. I know this is true, and I know that as I continue to trust in my Savior Jesus Christ, I'll be blessed and this area will progress!
That's all for this week family, I miss and love you all! 
Ill send pictures :)

Love,
Elder Johnson












No comments:

Post a Comment