Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016

Happy Monday family!

On Monday we had zone training with the best zone in the mission.. Mindoro! As i walked into the church building I was so happy to see my boy Elder Huish from the Provo MTC! I couldn't believe he got transferred to Mindoro, but it was great to catch up and talk with him. He's doing well. He's excited to be here in the province instead of the city. 

Zone training was so great. Elder De Dios and Asetre gave a their workshop to us about the Book of Mormon and how to use it/explain it.  No more using pamphlets when we tract and do finding! We are now going to use the Book of Mormon to introduce the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's so great because investigators don't become converted to a pamphlet.. they become converted to the word of God! We also learned that the MAIN purpose of the BOM (found in 1 Nephi) is to help people come closer to God! Although it's important to let them know it's convincing evidence that Joseph Smith is a true prophet, the most important part is that it's another testament of Jesus Christ! And a powerful witness that he lives and that through his Atonement we can all be saved! I loved the things I learned and I'm grateful para sa Aklat ni Mormon..I know it's true.
 
Thursday we had the most powerful lesson that Elder Pedrosa and I have taught together.  The spirit was so strong we all could literally feel it!  We were teaching Nilmar and Joy.. (born and die Catholics) and we extended a baptism invitation again.  There was a pause for about 30 seconds.. I thought for sure they were going to say yes because I know the spirit testified to her of the truthfulness of our message... unfortunately she rejected it again. I was super sad, but I know one day she accept. Elder Pedrosa and I will not give up on these two.
 
We did everything we could this week to get investigators to come to church, and Sunday afternoon as I walked into the meetinghouse I was so happy to see 4 of our investigators there! I know it's not a lot, but it's an improvement. I was filled with joy to see Joann, Jupie, Jasem and his Lola sitting down in the congregation. It means they have a desire to learn more about to the gospel and are willing to change! I'm excited for the upcoming weeks.  Elder Pedrosa and I continue to find families and potential priesthood holders to establish the church here in Sablayan.

Well thats all for this week family...mahal ko kayo!! 

P.S. I'm glad baby Bradley is doing well. Thank you for all the pictures. I loved them all, so cute.
 
Also, Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother! Love you so much. I hope you had a great day. 
I'm sad I missed all the action, but I know I'm supposed to be here in the Philippines serving a mission for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 


Love,
Elder Johnson

Elder Huish (Zone training)

 MTC Reunion in Mindoro!

No comments:

Post a Comment