Monday, January 11, 2016

Great week in Sablayan!

Magandang umaga po!

So this week was such a great week for me here in the best mission - Philippines Quezon City mission!

On Tuesday as I was doing my personal study up at Parola (the beautiful view of the island) I totally received revelation through my study of Preach my Gospel. The spirit touched my heart as I read over this simple statement the Lord promises me as a missionary... "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my spirit and my word, yea, the power of god unto the convincing of men." (D&C 11:21) and then .. "Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man."(D&C 84:85) After I read these verses I knew what I had been doing wrong the past few days. This promise by the Lord to me is so incredible. I love it.  I know that is is true! But I must remember to diligently study the scriptures and PMG and then the spirit will be with me. I won't have to worry about what to say. I found this to be true in my lessons this week. Personal study is my favorite time of the day to really just focus on the studying the scriptures and the PMG doctrines. Conversion is a process, but I'm on the journey here on my mission! 

Brother Christian is struggling to come to know of the truth.. I don't know if he'll be baptized or not on Jan.23, but pray for him! I feel like he doesn't take the lessons seriously, but we're trying our best to help him! Nilmar is progressing talaga, he believes Joseph Smith is a true prophet and that the BoM is true. Our problem with him is just getting him to church! It's so difficult to get our investigators to attend church. We do everything we can too! So frustrating...
On Saturday we had zone conference in San Jose! It was so great. I don't even know where to start! The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. President Revillo came.  He's such an amazing leader and I truly believe he's called of God to be the PQCM president.
So I had one the the best experiences I've had so far on my mission on Saturday night coming home from San Jose on the bus. Long story short...I sat next to this guy named Sonny... by myself I taught him lesson 1.. somehow he understood and was like a golden investigator! The spirit was the teacher, and I was simply the Lords instrument. Anyway.. after I finished teaching he told me that he believed everything I said because of he "felt it in his heart".  I gave him a baptism date and he accepted. He texted me on Sunday and wants us to teach his family.  I'm so excited!! We'll visit him this week and hopefully baptize his family! I'll never forget this experience.
So that's all for this week family.  I find out tomorrow if I get transferred or not.  Everyone keeps saying that I'm leaving haha. But I really hope not. I would be so sad to leave this beautiful area of Sablayan and all my wonderful members. 
Have a great week family, talk to y'all next week!

Love,
Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment