Saturday, October 10, 2015

MTC Week 6!

Magandang araw pamylia! 


This week was such a great week here at the Missionary Training Center. I felt like I got back on track from a rough week last week. General Conference definitely lifted my spirits.  I loved listening to the words of the apostles and prophets and their testimonies of Jesus Christ. I learned so much and every talk applied to me being a missionary and servant of the Lord. 

Sunday night, BYU Vocal Point came and sang to us. They were so good! Not gonna lie, I think I've sung more here then I ever have before and I love it. I sing in front of my district- for some reason they think I'm good. I'm not too bad, I can keep a note haha.  

Anyways the language is coming along more and more. Practice is key when learning a language. I have to be trying to practice and speak out loud what I've learned in the classroom if I want to improve. This week Elder Sanft and I taught 4 lessons.  They were good- we followed the spirit and spoke with confidence hoping that the spirit would be right there with us helping us speak Tagalog.  My testimony continues to grow as I dive into the scriptures and Preach My Gospel. I've come to love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is the true word of God. This week i was reading in the introduction and the back of Joseph Smith History with Oliver Cowdery's declaration and his testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. His testimony is so strong! He knows that Joseph could not have translated the book without revelation from God. I know this to be true as well.  Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore His true church on the earth today. I was able to watch the film "The Restoration Through the Prophet Joseph Smith" this week- so powerful!

On Friday, we had in field orientation. It was great! We got to practice different teaching situations and watch some clips on how to be a more effective missionary, but my favorite part was being taught how to set goals and how important that is. I must use key indicators and set goals! Also, numbers do matter- the numbers mean something. They are souls, human beings, real people waiting for me to bring them unto Christ! Why wouldn't I want to bring as many souls unto Christ as possible?! If I want to baptize a lot of Filipino people, I have to work as hard as I possibly can, fully committed to the work! I'm so excited for that! The next time you'll hear from me I'll be in the PHILIPPINES! I'm so excited! (obviously nervous) but mostly excited to get to work! Quezon City here I come! 

Love,
Elder Johnson 








No comments:

Post a Comment