Monday, December 12, 2016

Pasig Week 15

Family,

We just came from the  Manila Temple, so we're feelin' good right now! Nothing better than being in the House of the Lord. 

This week was nice, it really was. The past few days, I've seen the miracles that the Lord has blessed us with. As a missionary, I've realized that God works in small and simple ways. He loves us and is aware of all His children.

We had a week full of meetings! The first was on Tuesday with our New Leaders Training meeting, then on Wednesday we had our zone training! Saturday we had our ward Christmas party. Mission tour yesterday was awesome! Elder and Sister Bowen visited our mission. He is the President of the Area Seventy here in the Philippines. Many, many things learned and spirit felt, but I'll share the highlight. Elder Bowen focused on helping us understand who we are. Because of the things he talked about - Abrahamic covenant, covenants in general, I came to a better understanding of who I am as a child of God and how blessed I am to be a member of the church. It was so amazing, because of yesterday, because I now am reminded of who I am, the covenants I've made, and I am a different person. Like Elder Bowen said, "We as Priesthood holders know that there are certain things that we cannot do." This meeting (if you remembered last year with Elder Andersen) has changed me as a missionary, and the way I will continue to act. 

Elder Montera and I are filling up our 4 month projection, although we lost a few projections for January. Heavenly Father has blessed us with many people to teach. It's been crazy noticing the small miracles with our work this week.  It's so cool, I love it. 

We have a baptism on Saturday so we're excited. It's the baptism of part member kids, kuya Dale and Aljon :)

Love y'all,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment