Monday, March 14, 2016

Emergency transferred ako sa Antipolo Zone- COGEO A

Hey Family! 

I received a call from one of the AP's on Monday night as my district and I were doing service for a member. I was shocked at what he said to me. "Elder Johnson you are getting emergency transferred to Antipolo Zone- Cogeo A." many questions rushed through my head and I was just really confused. I didn't even know what ET even meant. All I knew was to pack my bags and that I was leaving the next morning. It was hard saying goodbye even though I had only been in QC for a week and a half. I loved my companion and the members. I wasnt ready to leave- I just got there! 

In the AP's car on the way to my new area, President Revillo (my mission President) called me. Sinabi niya sa akin, "Elder Johnson I'm sorry that I had to pull you from your new area, but I need you to do something in Cogeo." He continued on telling me that the Elders that were there were being pasaway and "acting as tourists." He said that there was a lack of spirit and that he needed me to go and be an example to my new companion and kabahays. He told me that this was an opportunity to lead by example, as senior companion. When I heard these words from him I was thinking to myself, "Wow this is a big responsibility". I had no idea the situation I was going into. All I knew is that I needed to lead by example. 

As I arrived to Cogeo, I met my companion- Elder Barrientos. I'm not supposed to talk about negative things to you about my companion or the work but let's just say I wasn't impressed at first. As I got to know him he told me about his past and that he was disobedient, but that he wanted to change. I was relieved when those words came out of his mouth. It's been great getting to know him. He's a really cool guy.  I like him a lot. 

We got right to work of course! We work really well together. Elder Barrientos has been in the mission for 18 months now so he knows what he should be doing. We had a baptism on Saturday and also one planned for March 26. But besides that, we have kunti lang mga investigator. I love my new area- I'm back in the Province :). It's beautiful. We proselyte up in the bundok (mountains). We basically hike everyday haha. But the potential here is incredible! There are so many houses and families. The problem here in Cogeo is less actives. There are so many! It's crazy sad. I'm going to reactivate all of them! 

This weekend we had stake conference. President Revillo reminded us to strive to truly understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I'll share with y'all a little something I learned in my personal study that increased my understanding and appreciation of my Savior Jesus Christ. I was reading in True to the Faith.  Jesus Christ lived a perfect, sinless life. He was free from the demands of Justice, He had the power of Redemption, He was the ONLY one who could pay the debt for those who repent! I know that Jesus Christ is the center of everything. I'm grateful to represent him and to strive to become like him everyday. This church is true and I know it.
My challenge ako para sa inyo lahat.. my family- study the Atonement of Jesus Christ and gain a better understanding of his sacrifice for you. Apply His Atonement everyday. I know that as we do this, we will feel peace and joy. This gospel is true.
I hope you all have a great week. Love y'all!
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment