Monday, November 7, 2016

Miracle Week

Family!
We experienced a miracle week here in Pasig! The Lord blessed us in so many ways its been incredible!
On Monday we taught our recent convert family (Manuel family) about baptisms for the dead...because of course it was "the day of the dead" lol. Get it? But anyways, it was so perfect because this week the Manila Temple opens back up and we have planned to take them on a temple tour and do temple work this next Saturday! We are going to rent a jeepney and bring some investigators too. We're super excited!
Tuesday we visited a less active family (Aneban family) and we were able to figure out their concern and really help them feel the Spirit.  The miracle here was that Sister Aneban came to church and also brought her neighbors who aren't members! They are interested and willing to learn about how the Gospel blesses families!
On Wednesday we had our Pasig zone interviews! I always look forward to my interviews with President. He's so awesome, and I'm so grateful for him. It was successful. We and the AP's also gave some training. Our workshop focused on helping investigators keep commitments and how to follow up effectively. It went really well. We introduced a new way to help investigators remember and keep their commitments. This is something Elder Vergara and I have felt our zone is struggling with and will really help them to have progressing investigators. We also mentioned how we as missionaries must keep all the commitments from our leaders and apply it to our work, because that's the chance we have to repent! Our zone is getting hot, we can feel it.
Our responsibilities as zone leaders took us away from the work a lot this week especially on Thursday where we had to drive the couple missionaries around to every apartment and do apartments checks. Oh and by the way we had the cleanest apartment in the zone...we got a perfect score :) I think my experience with cleaning the gym before my mission prepared me for this haha.
MLC on Friday was powerful and inspiring! We discussed about becoming a consecrated missionary! Man it was awesome!! I know the things I must change in order to truly be consecrated- it's laying everything on the altar! I'm so excited I can't even tell y'all! This is what we as the leaders must do in order to change the culture of the PQCM. That's out focus right now.. casualness is the gateway to disobedience! It's changing our nature! That's the key to consecration and it'll come by surrendering to God and  giving it all these last 10 months. I couldn't be happier, thinking, praying, and fasting for the welfare of my brothers and sisters here in the Philippines. 
Miracles this week:

10 investigators at church! (the members and especially the YMP are starting to produce)
Sister Leonila will be baptized on Saturday! Her bleeding stopped and she's so ready!! :)
My companion and I had a powerful lesson with one of our progressing investigators sister Margerie (part member family). She cried during the lesson when we asked her if she believed our message was true and what she was feeling. We need your prayers though because her parents don't want her to be baptized.
I loved this week, and I love my mission. This work is true!
Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment